Sea Girt Animal Hospital first opened its doors in 1958 by Thomas Sollas, VMD. He converted the existing building into a veterinary hospital and completed two additions over the next 10 years. We were the only animal hospital in Wall Township and the surrounding area for many years. Marilyn Weber, VMD became an associate following her graduation in 1975 and purchased the practice from Dr. Sollas when he retired in 1988.During Dr. Weber's ownership, she grew the practice from two doctors and six support staff to four doctors and 15 support staff, many
of whom remain employed here. Dr. Weber inspired loyalty and enjoyed longevity in her staff as well as her clients for as many as 30 years. Upon her retirement in April, 2011, the practice was purchased by the owners of Middletown Animal Hospital; Francisco Velazquez, VMD, an alumni of University of Pennsylvania’s School of Veterinary Medicine and Michael Yurkus, DVM, an alumni of Tufts University.
Dr. Velazquez and Dr. Yurkus have advanced the practice even further over the past few years by incorporating laser therapy, digital radiography, including digital dental radiography, adding the latest blood chemistry technology to our in-house lab, upgrading and expanding our anesthesia and monitoring stations, as well as completing several aesthetic improvements.
Sea Girt Animal Hospital's current owners value our 60 year reputation and intend to expand on that reputation by continuing to improve services and provide the very best veterinary care to your pet.
This is only a REQUEST